Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday, Febuary 22nd, 2011 - You are now entering the Black hole of squatting

Day 45 of Back Squat Project

I feel straight up like A$$.   I feel so run down.  During yesterdays row, I just felt like giving up.  This journey of squatting has been reassuring that I can accomplish ANYTHING as long as I don't give up.  My hips feel like they have been beaten with a sledgehammer....ok I'm being very obnoxious when I say that.  Hips just feel so sluggish.  My back feels tight.  My shoulders feel weak.  I'm tired.  I can keep going, but I'd rather be positive and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I truely feel that your body will only do what your mind allows it.  My body wants to quit the squat project and say that it's stupid.  However, I'm telling my mind that we will continue the journey and continue the struggle.

I was so proud of my mind and body this afternoon.  As horrible as I feel, I pushed through the dark hole and continued my training.  I hurt my shoulder back in early December and didn't lift anything heavy overhead for about 8-9 weeks.

So feeling horrible and week...I pushed myself to lift something heavy and continue to get stronger with weights overhead and had success.

Standing Shoulder Press
70lbs x 5
95lbs x 5
115lbs x 5

Back Squat
135lbs x 5
205lbs x 1
255lbs x 1

No comments:

Post a Comment