Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday, Febuary 12th, 2011 - Come on hips....fire when ready

So looking back at things that last PR on back squats last Saturday took alot out of me.  I'm suprised it's taking this long to recover from 305lbs.  My IT band and TFL muscle just feel wrecked.  Tried out some Kstar stretches, but I must do them more.

I was reading about Austin Malello and he spents like 20-30 minutes on mobility a day.  Holy crap...that's focus.  Hope he does well at the Games.

Saw my friend the Garage Crossfitter did a WOD called "The Baseline".  I remember doing this WOD when I was at Crossfit of Naperville 2 years ago.  I want to say I finished in the low 6 minute range.  Let's give it a go.

Not before my beloved Back Squats though.
135lbs x 5
205lbs x 2
255lbs x 1

"Baseline"
500M Row
40 Air Squats
30 Situps
20 Pushups
10 Pullups

4:17 - RX'D

Holy Snikes Batman!  I would have never guessed that I would finish that fast.  I did the rowing, squats, situps and pushups in my 3 seasons room.  I had to run though my house and exit through the garage.  That's where my pullup bar is.  I timed myself how long it would take to go from the bottom of the pushup position to get on the pullup bar.  I took 10 seconds.  I think this spring when it's not -100 degrees out, I'll take the rower in the garage.  I think sub 4 minutes is completely doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment