Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, Febuary 13th, 2011 - Damn it feels good

When I woke up this morning...or should I say when I went to bed this morning...
I went into work last night to work from 10p-6a.  We assisted a neighboring town with a fire at 1:30 a.m.  Got back to the station around 3:45am.  Slept until 5am and had to go to the rollover accident.  Got back to the station and had to leave to my other job.

Fast forward to 9pm tonight...

Supersets of
Skull crushers & Tricep Press Downs
2x10

Back Squat
135lbs x 5

Front Squat
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1

Back Squat
255lbs x 3

Power Clean
135lbs x 5
170lbs x 3
185lbs x 3 (15lb 3RM)

Anyways, like I was saying when I went to bed this morning I would have never thought I would be putting up those power clean numbers.  This whole squatting everyday project was not my idea.  I got this idea from Dave Lipsons blog.  He puts 450lbs on the bar every day.  He's currently on like day 200+.  I'm just amazed at the strength that I've gained in the last 30-40 days.  All my lifts have gone up from simply lifting heavy shit every day.  I did have to scale back my metcons a bit.  I'm doing 2 maybe 3 metcons a week.

My upper body is recovering nicely.  I feel as though I crushed yesterdays "Baseline" WOD.  My biceps are kinda sore from the pullups.  The pullups felt easy when I did them yesterday.  Today's soreness is just a reminder that I have to ease the upper body back into working out.

All in all....I'm very satisfied with todays progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment