Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010 - Deadlift & OHS/C2B

I'm going to vent if anyone is listening.  I'm fustrated with Crossfit.  Nothing specific, just a mental rut.  Not sure what's bugging me.  If I had to put a finger on it, I would say it's my progress and where I think I should be performing.  Crossfit exposes your weakness and it can be very unsensitive to your ego.

I just PR'd Fight Gone Bad by close to 100 reps from 12 month ago.  I just PR'd Helen by close to 4.5 minutes from when I first started Crossfit.  I just PR'd Christine by 8 minutes from 8 months ago, which wasn't even RX when I first did it. 

Huge acomplishments and I'm unhappy.  Determined to be elite?  Huge ego?  Unpatient?  As asshole?  All of the above?

Even more ego crushing...I got my ass HANDED TO ME by todays WOD.  I haven't done a balls to the wall metcon in about 6 days.  My condititioning was nonexistant.

Mentally irritating was the fact that I screwed up my 5/3/1 strength programming AGAIN.  I mistakenly grabbed a 35lb plate instead of a 45lb plate, so I was uneven on one side of the bar.

Deadlift
205x5
230x5 (supposed to be 240)
260x6 (supposed to be 270)

WOD
3 rounds for time
21-15-9
95lb OHS
Chest to bar pullups

Jake - Rx'd
9:24

The only happiness from today was that the 9's were all done unbroken.  The extra shoulder presses are helping with shoulder strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment