Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 - HELEN

So during yesterday's rest day, I was really strategizing my programming for the upcoming FGB.  I chose Helen for a few reasons. 

1.  It's a great test of overall fitness
2.  Something that's taxing, but wouldn't destroy me and takes DAYS to recover from (ie Fran).
3.  Gosh darnit it....I freaking LOVE Helen and I keep getting better at.

I really mentally preped for it.  I wanted a sub 9 min Helen. 

Helen:
3 Rounds for time
400 meter run
21 (53lb) American Kettlebell swings
12 pullups
Jake - 8:58 Rx'd

I gotta say this was a major boost to my confidence.  The elite times are 7's and sub 7's.  Being in the 8 minute range really let me know that I got 1 step closer.  To get in the 7's, I'm going to have to make sure my pullups are unbroken and butterflys or I could just run faster...haha

What I'm really proud of, is that the WOD was done alone.  People were watching, but didn't have another runner to pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment