Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday, November 29th, 2010 - Back Squat PR / 7min amrap

The new strength continues to amaze me.  Glad the hard work is paying off.  5/26/2009 was the last time, that I squated what I consider to be heavy.  I squated 275lbs.  The closest I got to that was 2 weeks ago and that was 260lbs x 4 reps.

I'm weight alot less and tonight I hit another PR.
5-2-2-1-1-1
135lbs/185lbs/205lbs/245/265/280(pr)

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with this.  Yesterdays wod was brutal.  Not to mention, I front squated on Saturday, OHS'ed on Sunday and still hit a PR.

Is it the smartest thing to do...probably not.  In a few weeks I'll be easing up on the heavy lifts.  So it is what it is.  I'm lifting heavy stuff and that's all that really matters.

Metcon:
7min as many rounds as possible
7 sumo deadlift high pulls
10 ski jumps over barbell
7 toes to bar

6 rounds + 3 - rx'd

It's a solid score.  I fell apart on the toes to bar on the last round.  2-2-2-1, prior to that all t2b were unbroken.

Afterwards, my new thing is to hit the GHD after the metcon.

GHD
3x10

Rest day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment