Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday, November 11th, 2010 - All kinds of goodness

Quite the day to make some things done!  For starters, I got my pullup bar installed. Butterfly pullups and ring dip practice will commence.

Now for the work details...

Back Squat
70% x 3
80% x 3
90% x 3+ reps

190lbs x 3
220lbs x 3
245lbs x 4

1.5 hours later

Push Jerk
5-2-2-1-1-1
95lbs/135lbs/175lbs/ 190/195/215(fail)

Some notes on the Push Jerk.  I've had the opportunity to do alot of my strength at home or at work.  With that said, I typically take 4-7 minute breaks in between sets.
Tonight with the Push Jerk, I felt a bit rushed.  Some of my rest breaks were as little as 90 seconds.  It's kind of cool.  Yeah so I felt rushed...big deal right.  It was a huge mental test.  Be ready for anything....that's what I want.  Push some big weight fast....no thinking...no psych'ing myself up...shutup and LIFT.  It was a good prep on another hurdle for me.....no suprise here....FOCUS!

10 min AMRAP
(5) 135lb OHS
20 double unders

Jake - 3 rounds+8 (scaled to 110lbs)

Few details...1st time doing double unders in OLY shoes.  Gotta work on that.  Shoulders felt pretty drained and 110lbs still wasn't feeling heavy.

All in all a good day.  Oh yeah....peep the back squat video.  I don't think my booty could get much lower on those squats.  Form is looking good!






Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 - Lets go HAWKS

No comments:

Post a Comment