Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday, January 26th, 2011 - Almost didn't squat today...

...yeah right...although I didn't get my squats in today, until 10:45 pm.

What can I say, the day just kind of got away from me.  Spent some time with a close buddy of mine, took the family out to dinner, went to EMS drill.  Next thing I know, it's 10:30 and I'm lacing up my OLY shoes.  No warm up, just went right into squating.

Back Squat Day 18
135lbs x 5
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
250lbs x 1

So, today was my 1st time experiencing "Rolfing".  It's somewhat along the lines of what Tina does at her "House of Pain".  Was it anything earth moving?  I think it's too early to tell.  Although, I able to move my arms much more vertical then in the past few months.

He informed me that both shoulders are rolled foward, with the left shoulder also being higher than the right.  Feel are rolled in, knees rolled out, hips higher on right then left and slightly twisted to the left.  Looking foward to 9 more sessions.  All of this makes alot of sense, why I've had such difficulties in movements such as the overhead squat.

Here's a link to the rolfing website.  This guy is also a retired Wheaton Fireman.  When he retired, I was hired as his replacement.  He's also familar with Crossfit.  In his early years, he was involved with Gymnastics (ring guy), power lifting and body building.  I end today's note with a big thanks to main man George.

http://www.foxvalleyrolfing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment