Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday, January 28th, 2011 - Somebody turn down the volume

WHAT?  What'cha say?  I can't hear you!!!  I said turn down the volume!  OKKKK!!

How does "volume" relate to exercise?

Weight training volume is the total amount of work you perform during each workout.  Each rep you perform adds to the total workout volume.  There is also "intensity", which relates to the % of your 1 rep max.  So today, I dropped my volume but kept my "intensity" up.  250lbs is just below 90% of my new 1 rep max (290lbs).

20 Days in a row of squatting
135lbs x 3 reps
205lbs x 1 rep
250lbs x 1 rep

3x10
30lb DB Push Presses

Pushups
1x15

MAN, am I feeling yesterdays training session.  It was alot of volume.  Today, I backed off quite a bit.  During my warmup, my hips were just oh so tired.  I put 205 on my back and it felt heavy.  250 felt like a bear.  Bicep isn't feeling too bad.  Glad to see I was shrugging the bar on the power cleans yesterday.  Came into CFWC this morning.  It was as what I would envision it would be like to walk into heaven.  I saw all the badasses working their butts off.  I was so envious.  Of course todays workout involved 49 ring dips.  You bet your britches I would have tired to do them too.  I'm just too hard headed to not try.  Instead I settled for a bunch of hugs, high fives and small talk.  Gotta get this arm feeling 100% so I can start busting hump again.


_____________________________________
Ok seriously...I'll take it easy tomorrow since I'm at work.  Hopefully, no serious calls.

1k Row - 3:42 rx'd (6 second PR) from 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment