Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, January 30th, 2011 - Day 22 of heavy back squats

WOW!  Before I started this whole back squat adventure, I would have never guessed that I would have been able to keep this up for this long.  My intent was to do it for 30 days only and let my arm heal.  The fact of the matter is, I'm seeing amazing benefits.

I've PR'd my power clean, front squat, 1rm back squat.  I generally feel stronger.  Power cleaning 195lbs the other day felt just amazing.  I've been trying to stay flexible and mobile, but quite frankly I haven't been doing enough stretching.  Now don't get confused, I am stretching...just not enough as I probably should.

Come on...I'm squatting every day.  I'll be a little tight.  I'm trying to up my upper body workouts, but it's been rough.  My bi's are tired and achey from the weighted pullups.  It's not a injury sore/achey...it's a I've done jack shit for the last 30 days and I don't want to work hard.  I'll pamper them for a little more, but dammit they need to start pulling their fair share.  Yesterdays buprees didn't help the shoulders yesterday either.

Day 22
Back Squat
135lbs x 5
Front Squat
185lbs x 5
Back Squat
205lbs x 1
255lbs x 1

Bench Press Wide Grip
95lbs x 3
115lbs x 3
135lbs x 3
165lbs x 3

This was the true test.  I did not feel the sharp pain in my chest that I felt in December.  Felt heavy, but no pain.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment