Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday, August 19th, 2010 - Rest Day, Rest Day, Rest Day

This is supposed to be day 14 of paleo + zone.  Ummm....yeah about that...

Where do I start?  I got though 8 days and then I fell apart.  First it was a 2 hour cheat window on Saturday night and that I feel really got the ball rolling.  Sunday the diet was pretty good minus the 3 pieces of German Chocolate Cake.  I also forgot my almond butter & fish oil at home.  Zero healthy fats were consumed for 48 hours.

Monday, the diet was going ok minus Sushi.  Tuesday, the diet was horrible.  3 Dunkin Doughnuts, HUMONGOUS bacon cheeseburgers and french fries were consumed.  My saving grace was that I brought some broccoli and almond butter with me to work.  I measured out the cheeseburgers and they were 12 protein blocks worth.

Jake, what happen?  Let's just say when you're at the firehouse, paleo and zone are completely foreign.  That's not to place blame.  It's my fault and I take full responsibility for my actions.  I need to be the leader when it comes to dietary intake of my co-workers and myself.

What did I learn from this?  I got away with crap food for one day and even two days.  Then it hit me.  Folks, it's OK to cheat hear and there.  Be strong!  Don't let the cheat ball keep rolling.

I've eaten like crap, haven't foam rolled, haven't ice bathed and I haven't been getting good sleep.  Skippping those items and wanting to perform at an ELITE level, just will not happen.

I have a Crossfit Competition in less than 96 hours.  Well I know what I have to do.  You'll be able to tell on Sunday afternoon, if I've been pampering my body like I'm supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment