Monday, December 20, 2010

Sunday, December 19th, 2010 - Strength workout and good things to say...

So some news about another blog I've been following...http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/

There's swearing and offensive things on this blog.  It's for people who are UBER hardcore about working out.  Some of it's comical and some of it, has some very good points.  It's somewhat along the lines of 70's Big and the West Side thought process.  It's definitely given me food for thought about working out.

The wuss-ification of America is in full effect.  The Bear/Vikings game is tonight and the players are complaining about how hard the field is and how cold it will be.  These guys are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars a year to do this stuff.

Of the 1.3 million fireman the USA has, 70% of them are volunteers.  These guys are working for slave labor and I don't hear them complaining about going to a fire, car accident or medical emergency in the cold.  I'm so happy that I've found Crossfit.  It's completely helped me transform from a wussy office geek to someone who takes lifting heavy stuff very serious.

On to other good notes...

So I'm visiting my Mother the other day and she spouts off, "You're legs are looking much beefier these days.  It's weird though, because you look thinner".  Then over the weekend my wife says, "you look like you need to eat a sandwich".

So I'm getting a thinner waist and bigger legs!  Lifting heavy sh!t pays off.

I'm not sure what it is, but I love lifting late at night.  I went to work last night from 10pm to 6am.  The gym is awesome and it's in the basement.  There's no distractions, plenty of room and I get to blast rap music as loud as I want.

Strength Work -
I started a new 5/3/1 session, so it's week 1 for the back squat.
170lbs x 5 reps
200lbs x 5 reps
225lbs x 10 reps (on 10/3/10 this same session I did 225lbs x 5) - not sure what kind of PR that is...but it's pretty awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment