Friday, March 18, 2011

Monday, March 14th, 2011 - Squat/Press/Metcon

I know I know....been away from the blog.  Possible injury has me pissed off and discouraged, but hopefully it's not as bad as I think. 

Back Squat
140lbs x 5
235lbs x 5
285lbs x 5 (5lb 5rm pr)

Standing Press
80lbs x 5
100lbs x 5
125lbs x 4 - failed the 5th rep
115lbs x 5

5 Rounds for time
200M run
12 95lb sumo deadlift highpulls
8 pullups

11:51 - rx'd

I was so happy with this WOD.  Only having a few metcons under my belt, I felt like this is the first one I've done with some self respect.  Knowing where I was and knowing where I'm at right now, takes some patience, but I'm making progress.

I had always heard that conditioning comes easy, it's strength that takes forever to build.  Well I'm seeing it first hand.  My conditioning is improving much quicker than I thought.  I finished slightly over a minute behind 2 guys in the gym that have been stready.  I've been out of the Crossfit game for the last 3 months and a few WODs and I'm on some of these guys heals.  Obviously, it wasn't a top gym time, but it's competitive amongst my fellow Will County peeps.

So that was Monday, I walk out head held high knowing I put in some hard work.  Fast forward to Friday (3/18/11) and my biceps are fried.  They are in a constant spasm, just tight, can't extend fully, etc.

The Crossfit Open started this week and I really wanted to compete.  I worked so hard over the last 3 months to overcome a shoulder injury and now this happens.  I'm working 48 hours in a row this weekend and I might have a chance to complete the 1st WOD on Sunday morning.  I setup a massage with Tina for Sunday morning.  We'll see how I feel after that.  I'll give it a go, depending on how I feel.

The main this is that I still want to Crossfit on a regular basis, so no reason to risk any further injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment