Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6th, 2011 - How's it going?

Still sticking with OPT's programming.

It's been pretty interesting thus far. Overall, I feel great. I'm down a few lbs. I've been weighing 185 pretty regularly. Strength feels good. Conditioning feels like it's improving. The biggest difference that I feel lately is that I don't feel so beat up on a regular basis. I'm making the attempt to sleep a bit more, but the biggest change has been the programming. I stopped taking fish oil on a regular basis. In the past, I thought it made such a difference.

Diet has been cleaned up a bit, but nothing SUPER strict. I still have some chocolate milk and a candy bar here and there. The one thing that I almost refuse to eat 99% of the time is bread and pop.

Recent accomplishments:
-205lb hang clean x 2 reps
-170lb touch and go squat cleans x 3 reps

OPT's programming has also called for Glute ham raises. OMG, are these eff'n hard.

This is been a very good move for me. Leaving regular crossfit metcon's behind that is. I miss the peeps, but it is what it is. Some other realizations that I've had recently is that "natural talent" vs. "hard work". People who work hard and have great bodies and put up great numbers, have been working hard for a "LONG" time. I keep telling myself to keep working hard and the results keep showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment