Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 - Where ya been? Where ya at? Where ya going?

So, the last week and a half has been some what of a "hell week". Without looking at a calendar, I can't even count the hours at work. I know it's a little over 100 though.

My sleep has been wrecked. Nutrition got thrown out the window. Recovery, haha forget about it. The first two days after 11.6, my legs were as stiff as rocks. I did some light lacross ball work and some foam rolling. I don't feel as strong and definitly run down. My stomach is feeling HORRIBLE from all the grains and pastas I've consumed. YUCK! I'm stupid!

I LOVE my job, but it can and will wreck havoc on your health, if you let it. Which is why, I'm so thankful I found Crossfit. It has definitely given me the tools, that I'll need to have a successful 25-30 year fire career.

Yesterday, we had a firefighter consumption test. I showed a video on here a few weeks ago. So, even though I haven't gotten any weights or metcons in since last Saturday, I did about 16 minutes of strenous work.

Now let's set some goals.

By June 30th - Sub 5 minute Fran
By July 30th - 350lb Back squat
By July 30th - 205 Push Press
By July 30th - 5 unbroken HSPU's

I hope to get back to CFWC by Friday/Saturday of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment